Saturday, April 10, 2010

RELAY FOR LIFE 2010 KINGMAN ARIZONA

My Reason to Relay

TO FIND A CURE FOR CANCER & TO CELEBRATE MANY MORE BIRTHDAYS !!!!!

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is more than just an event to me. It is my personal opportunity to help save lives from cancer by supporting the American Cancer Society. It is even MORE personal for me because my oldest son, BJ, was diagnosed with melanoma four years ago, just after the birth of his second child. He and his wife, along with my husband and I were speechless. I was amazed at how calm and confident BJ was about the whole experience. He knew he had too much to live for and was not a quitter.

After a multitude of tests and examinations by Doctors at the MAYO Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ., he underwent surgery to remove the tumor and three lymph nodes from his groin. The results were more than we could have hoped for: surrounding tissue of the tumor was clean and the lymph nodes were also clean. He still has to be very cautious, annual check-ups, wear long sleeves and pants year round as well as SUNBLOCK. He and Bridgett now have three wonderful little boys and they watch them carefully. Our youngest son, Brian, 5 1/2 years younger than BJ, also has been checked and will continue to be checked regularly. He, too, is very cautious.

My dearest aunt, Rosie (known to all our kids as GRAM) was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2008, and after a lumpectomy and chemotherapy, she has thankfully been recently declared cancer free! There are so many others in my family, my future daughter-in-law's father and friends who have either survived or lost their battle with cancer. I would love to see a cure in my lifetime.

I also have many other relatives and friends stung by this horrible disease; some were blessed and survived, others are now in the arms of our Lord. For these reasons I am passionate about Relay for Life Kingman. My goal is to be able to walk that track on June 5th for those I love and those I don't even know. This is a promise I vow to keep! We need to celebrate many, many more birthdays :0)

Please support my efforts by making a donation to me or by joining my Relay For Life team, the Relay Wranglers. Together, we have the power to help create a world where cancer can no longer claim another year of anyone’s life.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY10GW?px=14041961&pg=personal&fr_id=21872


BJ, BRIDGETT
AND THE BOYS                       

GRAM (ROSIE)




EVEN MY CREATECROCHET TEAM IS PARTICIPATING BY DONATING CROCHET ITEMS TO BE SOLD WITH ALL THE PROFITS GOING TO OUR TEAM FOR THE RELAY FOR LIFE!

No comments: